Niagara Strong at Brock (NSBU)
About UsNiagara Strong at Brock (NSBU) is a Brock University club created in partnership with Niagara Strong. The goals of this club include:
- To spread awareness and understanding of mental health issues;
- To eliminate the stigma surrounding mental health issues;
- To ultimately help lessen the amount and degree of suffering caused by mental health issues.
Goals for This Year
- Virtual meetings online, through Microsoft Teams
- Start with an intro to mental health, then have specific topics for subsequent meetings (e.g. depression, exam stress, coping with mental health during the ongoing pandemic, etc.)
- Meetings will include key information points about each topic, discussion questiongs, activities, and tips for managing mental health
Our members are the most important part of our group. The best thing you can do is simply talk about mental health and help us spread awareness and eliminate the stigma. Members do not have any specific requirements, but you may do the following:
- Attend online meetings
- Share your thoughts, ideas, and experiences during discussion time
- Participate in activities
- Attend virtual events
- More TBA!
Become a Member
- Sign up through ExperienceBU - Go to experiencebu.brocku.ca > search "Niagara Strong at Brock" > click "join"
- Pay $5 membership fee Due to Covid-19, there is no membership fee this year! 🎉
Mackenzie Sanderson | President
This is my second year as President for Niagara Strong at Brock, and I am also a member of the board of directors for Niagara Strong.
Mental health has always been an important issue for me. I've had my own struggles with mental health issues and I've witnessed family and friends struggling as well. I believe that the most important thing we can do is eliminate the stigma surrounding mental health, which will allow people to get the help they need.tting Brock students talking about mental health, connecting them to all the wonderful resources that are available on- and off-campus, and inspiring them to get involveed in and reach out to the community.
I am so excited to see how this year goes with our new executive team!
Natasha Campbell | Vice President
Hello! I am the Vice President of Niagara Strong at Brock this year, and I'm excited to be a part of this project!
I strongly believe that mental health is not something we should be shameful about, and as a psychology major and volunteer, much of the work I do contributes to this philosophy.
I wants to help build a community in which people can talk openly about their experiences and be met with support and care, without fearing judgment; This is one of the goals we'd like to achieve as Niagara Strong.
I hope we will be able to reach many of you during the year and provide you with the validation and empowerment that you all deserve.
Georgia Languay-Smith | Treasure / Secretary
I'm Georgia! I am in my fourth year at Brock studying applied linguistics. I am so excited to be part of NSBU as an executive!
The goal of Niagara Strong is to break the stigma surrounding mental health. I think it's important for people to know that they are not alone and there are many supports and people to talk to.
I decided to join Niagara Strong at Brock because I want to help in breaking the stigma. I want to be part of that safe space where people feel comfortable being who they are and know that there is always someone to talk to.
Brayden Vail | Social Media Coordinator
My name is Brayden and I am the Social Media Coordinator for Niagara Strong at Brock!
I am thrilled to start working alongside my fellow friends, team members, and Badgers to build a welcoming and safe community where mental health can be freely discussed without consequences or judgment.
A huge goal of Niagara Strong is to encourage discussion about mental health and to break the stigma surrounding it. This is a goal that I wholeheartedly support, and I am elated to be a part of this dedicated team and to work towards this goal!
Feel free to connect with me if you ever want to talk or learn more about Niagara Strong here at Brock!
Contact & Social Media
Facebook Page - Niagara Strong at Brock
Facebook Group - Niagara Strong at Brock (Group)
Instagram - @niagarastrongbrocku
Email - email@example.com