How To Talk About Your Mental Health At Work
Having to deal with an anxiety attack in the middle of an 8 hour shift is the last thing anyone would want to experience. Here are some ways you can Talk About Your Mental Health At Work.
- When you are talking to someone make sure you feel trusted and are in a comfortable, safe environment.
- Share as much as you are comfortable with.
- Keep in mind that you are not alone, 1 in 4 people deal with mental health issues.
- Plan a private meeting with your supervisor/manager and discuss about your feelings.
- If you are concerned about talking to your boss than ask a trusted co-worker to support you.
- Contact HR and see what resources they have to help you.
- If you are struggling than ask a doctor for a note to better explain your situation.
- Research about your legal rights that protect you and your mental health in the workplace.